Fantastic Mr Marcel is a singer song-writer from the UK.
Theon-Marcel Phokeerdoss, is a British singer, songwriter, and illustrator.
He was born in London and spent his early years there before moving to Ghana, where he his familial roots lie. In 2002, he finally settled back in London.
“As a young artist, I started out by drawing Disney Cartoon characters. This set me on a creative path and helped to build my confidence in my ability.”
“As a teenager I became fascinated by comic books and manga art. In turn this changed the kind of sketches I created an artist.”
“Heavily influenced by storylines, action and superheroes, over time I became captivated by this imagery and always wanted to become a hero myself, hence the name “Fantastic Mr Marcel”.
“It was during this time I began to express myself in a way that established my individuality and my signature style as an artist.”
“I grew up listening to R&B, soul and indie music. I was heavily influenced but artists such as James Morrison, Paolo Nutini, Lauryn Hill, The Jackson five and a lot of Motown.”
“It was then that I started listening to the lyrics in the songs and, in 2002 started writing properly. I remember being in my room, putting on my favourite records and singing until my mum told me to stop making noise.”
Upon completing his A Levels he attended London Metropolitan University, where he did a foundation degree in Art, followed by a degree in Interior Architecture.
He then started to focus on himself as an artist and a musician and truly started to pursue his passion.
In October 2009, he recorded his first song, “Made For My Heart”.
He wanted to write a story about love, magic and fantasy. “Made For My Heart” is about the creation of my perfect lover and it was during the recording of this song that his hunger was fueled to create more music.
The very first volume of his music and is titled “Stop Calling Me Names” Mixtape Vol. 1. He came up with the title, “Stop Calling Me Names”, because he has been called every famous black musician under the sun, most commonly Wil.I.Am. This his way of shedding these comparisons and expressing himself as an artist and an individual.
If you asked him what his music was, he would tell you that the style of sound he created is soul pop hip-hop Alternative.
Fantastic Mr. Marcel believes in taking risks but most importantly enjoying what you do and having fun.
His music is a forever evolving sound- and he wants to use it to create change in people in a positive way either by healing and helping them or inspiring them to be bigger better or grater.
Here are a few links to his music:
Official Website – www.fantasticmrmarcel.co.uk
Youtube – https://youtu.be/13thz4wMtSM
Instagram – www.instagram.com/fantasticmrmarcel
You might also like these posts:
- Jade Renee – a Role Model for the Misfits in the World
- Listen to Country Artist Tod Barrow’s New Single
- Songwriter Sydney Schizzano on Quarter Life Crisis
- DJ Dillgin Wants to Spread Love, Tolerance & Peace
- Zimbabwean Reggae Artist Amaze Releases a New Album
- Hip Hop Musician Lock7 “Ain’t No People Pleaser”
- Blues Musician Diana Rine Is the Queen of Her Castle
- Gute Gute: Balkan Pop-Rock with a Mediterranean Flavor
- Nick Pappalardo’s Single Blends R&B, Soul, Jazz & Funk
- Maigin Blank Wrote over 200 Songs Wherever She Could
- Ron Coolen’s “RISE” Features 12 World Class Musicians
- Kaala Shaw’s Electropop Single Is Groovy & Melancholic
- Fantastic Mr Marcel’s Great Music Is Forever Evolving
- Eivind Husebø’s Electro-Pop Catchy 80s Love Anthem
- CALNIESHA Wants to Be a Staple in the Music Industry
- Nellina Verdianz Sings About the Realities of Life
- SongFlag’s Featured Artist Guidelines