Robert Bailey, aka Dillgin, was born and raised in Jamaica. Throughout the years, he has pursued his career as a singer, DJ, songwriter, and producer on his own label, Wall Streetz Records. As a producer, he produced many artists including Capelton “Never Get Down” and “Dutty Life”, Beenie Man “Power and Shower”, Sizzla “Buzz Rock Warrior”, Anthony B. & The Mighty Diamonds “Pass The Kutchie”, and Luciano “Mystery Babylon”, among many others. Dillgin’s 2001 self-produced breakout single “Cuss Cuss”- featuring Mark Ice- was featured on VP Records Strictly The Best 27, and has taken him on tours throughout Europe, the Caribbean, Canada and across the USA.
Dillgin is the consummate performer and artiste. Dillgin’s music speaks to his goal of being an agent of change, using his music to spread a message of LOVE, TOLERANCE, PEACE, INSPIRATION and THE SUPPORT OF OTHERS. With a repertoire of original songs unparalleled only by few of the greats, he is also comfortable doing cover versions of songs that speak to him on a spiritual and emotional level adding his own unique flavor his experiences have wrought to whatever song he decides to draw from. Dillgin is constantly, tirelessly pushing himself to evolve as a person and as a musician. Dillgin can be found almost always in rehearsals or in the studio, when he isn’t off writing or performing.
Relocating to California in 2010, Dillgin started over with a renewed focus on his music. He has opened for and collaborated with California Rock band, Urban Classics; consulted and worked with renowned musician Derrick Barnett, from Sagittarius and Statement Band; He also recorded with guitarist Aurelien Metsch of Wadada Music; and Producer Prynze of Paran Sounds, to complete his new album, New Day, that showcases his musical and spiritual evolution, as he give a very personal and uplifting insight into his struggles, determination, redemption, and commitment to the Most High, his family, his music, and his fans.
You can check out Dillgin’s music right here:
You might also like these posts:
- Jade Renee – a Role Model for the Misfits in the World
- Listen to Country Artist Tod Barrow’s New Single
- Songwriter Sydney Schizzano on Quarter Life Crisis
- DJ Dillgin Wants to Spread Love, Tolerance & Peace
- Zimbabwean Reggae Artist Amaze Releases a New Album
- Hip Hop Musician Lock7 “Ain’t No People Pleaser”
- Blues Musician Diana Rine Is the Queen of Her Castle
- Gute Gute: Balkan Pop-Rock with a Mediterranean Flavor
- Nick Pappalardo’s Single Blends R&B, Soul, Jazz & Funk
- Maigin Blank Wrote over 200 Songs Wherever She Could
- Ron Coolen’s “RISE” Features 12 World Class Musicians
- Kaala Shaw’s Electropop Single Is Groovy & Melancholic
- Fantastic Mr Marcel’s Great Music Is Forever Evolving
- Eivind Husebø’s Electro-Pop Catchy 80s Love Anthem
- CALNIESHA Wants to Be a Staple in the Music Industry
- Nellina Verdianz Sings About the Realities of Life
- SongFlag’s Featured Artist Guidelines