With her sultry and powerful vocals reminiscent of Emmylou Harris and Bonnie Raitt, songs that evoke an emotional response and a guitar style that has been compared to the likes of BB King with the tone of Stevie Ray Vaughan, Diana Rein is becoming the quintessential blues musician.
Recently signed to Mike Zito and Guy Hale’s label Gulf Coast Records, Diana released her third album “Queen of My Castle” on the label which was Produced by Michael Leasure (Walter Trout’s longtime drummer). The album has received much acclaim and rousing reviews of its fifteen original songs.
“Rein’s vocals contrast nicely with her down-and-dirty guitar work. Her soloing shows a great command of the modern blues vocabulary: fat, nasty tone with little special effects or frills. Queen Of My Castle is a compelling listen. The band is solid throughout the album and lends strong support from the first track to the last but there’s no doubt who is the queen of THIS castle!” – BIG CITY RHYTHM & BLUES MAGAZINE
Born in Romania, Diana’s parents left when Diana was three and moved to Chicago. It is there that Diana heard the Blues for the first time at the age of 8 when she was brought up onstage at The Back Room on Rush St. in Chicago to sing. It was also in Chicago that she booked the part as one of the children in the movies Home Alone I & II.
Diana has played shows and festivals with her biggest achievement being the 2019 Open Air Blues Festival in Brezoi, Romania for 8,000+ people. She graced the cover of Guitar Girl Magazine for their Blues edition, was the winner of 3 LA Critics Music Awards for Best Blues Artist, Best Female CD (Album: Long Road) and Fan Favorite and is spreading her love of music, the Blues and guitar wherever she goes.
You can check out Diana’s music here:
Official website: https://dianarein.com
You might also like these posts:
- Jade Renee – a Role Model for the Misfits in the World
- Listen to Country Artist Tod Barrow’s New Single
- Songwriter Sydney Schizzano on Quarter Life Crisis
- DJ Dillgin Wants to Spread Love, Tolerance & Peace
- Zimbabwean Reggae Artist Amaze Releases a New Album
- Hip Hop Musician Lock7 “Ain’t No People Pleaser”
- Blues Musician Diana Rine Is the Queen of Her Castle
- Gute Gute: Balkan Pop-Rock with a Mediterranean Flavor
- Nick Pappalardo’s Single Blends R&B, Soul, Jazz & Funk
- Maigin Blank Wrote over 200 Songs Wherever She Could
- Ron Coolen’s “RISE” Features 12 World Class Musicians
- Kaala Shaw’s Electropop Single Is Groovy & Melancholic
- Fantastic Mr Marcel’s Great Music Is Forever Evolving
- Eivind Husebø’s Electro-Pop Catchy 80s Love Anthem
- CALNIESHA Wants to Be a Staple in the Music Industry
- Nellina Verdianz Sings About the Realities of Life
- SongFlag’s Featured Artist Guidelines